Friday, May 14, 2010

Finding your style

"Fashions fade. Style is eternal." - Yves Saint Laurent

If you're like me, you enjoy fashion and you enjoy shopping. If you're also like me, you've at one time or another struggled with figuring out exactly what your style is. Your style is something that is completely personal to you. It embodies your personality, your likes and dislikes, your body shape, your lifestyle, and more!

For me, I've always felt like I couldn't nail down my style because my life is constantly changing and going through different stages and because I love so many different types of fashions. I would love to dress bohemian chic one day, go totally urban the next, and end the week ultra romantic. So, I sought the help of style experts by way of fashion magazines and books to help me figure out this whole "style" thing.

Although I will not dish out a lot of my own personal advice on finding your style, I will say that when you have such varied fashion tastes like I do, the best thing you can do for your wardrobe is to make sure you have key fundamental pieces that can transition to many different types of looks. Basic tops, skirts, jeans, and leggings (with the right accessories!) can be transformed into virtually any type of look you want.

I've decided to share some of my more favorite articles on finding style with you as I find them. Here's my first one!

http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20185823_20336221_20725799,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment