Tuesday, October 11, 2011

If you can dream it, you can do it...

A quote from one of my favorite people, Walt Disney, guides my thoughts as I prepare a presentation to an APDM (Apparel, Production, Design & Merchandising) Entrepreneur class at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.  "If you can dream it, you can do it..."

I was so honored when a model in one of my fashion shows, Heide Torno, asked me to speak at her class.  I have always loved teaching...almost any subject, almost any age group.  I enjoy being able to share ideas and hopefully inspire everyone in my class so they can leave the class thinking about something new. 

But, what do I talk about?  What information do I have that could help these students in their quest to start their own businesses?  I figured they are learning marketing, budgeting, and pricing strategies from their lecturer, so what kind of real world knowledge can I leave them with.  Then, it hit me.  Being an entrepreneur is the most scary roller coaster ride I have ever been on!  It's enough to scare even the smartest and most ambitious women away.  But, for the ones that decide to take it on, it can also be the most exhilirating experience of their life!    

"Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears..."  Les Brown.  Think about what you would do if you were guaranteed you would not fail?  Many of us, myself included, let fear guide us away from our goals and dreams.  I love this quote from Robert Schuller, "I'd rather attempt something great and fail, than to attempt nothing at all and succeed." 

So, don't be afraid!  Go after your dreams and make them a reality!  Find your passion(s) in life and just do it...today! :)  and if you find time, I would LOVE to hear about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment