Tuesday, October 18, 2011

APDM 437: Small Business Start-up taught by Budi Staven

I had such a great time giving a presentation to UHM's APDM 437 class: Small Business Start-Up taught by Budi Staven last week Tuesday, October 11.  It was so inspiring speaking to and fielding questions from such intelligent and ambitious students and it was great to see the enthusiasm in their eyes and hear the excitement in their voices and laughter. What was supposed to be 30 minutes turned into over an hour but it flew by so quickly! 

Special thank you to Bliss model and customer Heide Torno for asking me to speak to her class, Budi Staven for allowing me into his class, and the students of APDM 437 for inspiring me.  Heide's very sweet email follows. 

Hi Wendy!


Thank you so much again for taking the time out of your schedule to speak to my class! Your presentation was great and everyone loved you! My teacher even considered having you speak again in future semesters. My class and I gained more knowledge and insight from you presentation. It was truly inspiring and informational. One thing I especially loved was your strategy of collaboration. It is amazing how your generosity and willingness to help others (even though it may not be related to fashion) can consequently result in the benefit of your business. I also found it very interesting how you see it as a hobby which I think contributes to your successfulness for your business.


Thank you so much again! Words cannot describe how appreciative my class and I were to have you!

Best wishes,
Heide

No comments:

Post a Comment