Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Super Sale Event this weekend!

I'm slowly recovering from a pretty tiring but really fun weekend at Hawaii's Super Sale Event held at the Neal Blaisdell Center's Exhibition hall.  I was so touched to see Bliss customers in the booth at 5pm, right at opening on Friday evening, waiting to shop for great deals and get the first pick of new sizes and styles.  As usual, we quickly ran out of size smalls in many of our new styles.  Some styles were gone within the first hour of the expo.

I also had a wonderful time meeting lots of new Bliss customers as well as some of the wonderful vendors located near our booth!  We had an excellent booth, booth #3, which was situated to the immediate right of the main entrance.  Lots of visibility and great foot traffic of the crowds that attended.  Since this was a first time event, there were some kinks in the show and turn out was rather low, but we managed OK, made lots of new friends, and I was pleased with our participation in the event overall.

I wanted to thank 6 very special people who was instrumental in the success of our booth this weekend.  Shannon Nii, Leah Fukuyama, Angela Choy, Sandi Abdellahad, Chad Kawashima, and Bernice Balete volunteered their very valuable weekend time to join me in the Bliss booth.  Shannon saw the most customers as Friday was by far the busiest!  She worked sooo hard helping so many customers at once.  She managed to try on some cute pieces too during the few breaks we found.  After trying on a super cute black top, a cute girl from two booths down literally ran over to our booth and said she wanted that top.  Unfortunately, it was the last one and although I knew Shannon really wanted it, she selflessly gave up the last remaining top so that our customer could try it on.  Of course, our customer loved it and purchased it, and Shannon was left looking for another top.  Thank you Shannon for putting our customer before yourself and making her SOOO happy!  She wore a dress she bought that night for her shift at the expo on Sunday!

On Saturday, Leah Fukuyama and Angela Choy kept me and our customers entertained with their super funny stories and always friendly personalities.  Leah stayed way past her shift time since she was waiting for her super shopper mom to finish shopping the expo!!!  Leah, who started out as a Bliss customer has turned into such a good friend and super supporter of Bliss.  Thank you Leah for always volunteering to help out and for being soo much fun to hang out with.  My bff from my job at UH, Angela, is so awesome and so crazy.  Angela shows up to volunteer for me AND brings me a starbucks and noodles for lunch!  OMG...both were gone within minutes!  Thanks Angela, you are the sweetest sweetest friend, I'm so lucky to know you!  Sandi came to her shift on Sat evening and was given a free exhibitor's pass to shop the expo, but this serious Bliss shopper was at my booth on Friday at 5pm to make sure she scored one of the 50% off tanks from the facebook promotion!  Thanks Sandi for getting a babysitter just so you could hang out with me on Saturday night!

Sunday was by far the slowest expo day.  My sweet friend, Chad came to support me by volunteering in my booth for a couple of hours.  He was mainly there to attract the women into the booth, (lol) but once they were in, the customers had to inform him what the Bliss sale and promotion was.  Oh well, Chad, just stand there and look good, OK? All kidding aside, Chad was very helpful and was officially my first male volunteer.  Bernice was the last volunteer of the expo!  She was so awesome at running the booth, that I was able to walk around the expo for the first time!  Thanks to Bernice, I was able to meet other vendors and network a bit shortly before closing.  She also looked so stunning in the Bliss tops that she tried on!

The end of the Super Sale event has come.  Next stop:  the Hawaii Woman's Expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment