Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bliss Fall Fashion Show Backstage Experience by: Jessica Cheng

My first time being backstage at a fashion show really sparked me. Being able to watch all the models get their makeup and wardrobe on was so much fun. I was even able to talk to some of them and meet them for the first time. My main focus of that evening was to learn more about photography. I really had absolutely no idea how small little things could impact the picture by a lot. I want to thank the photographers Keoki Kim and Eric Jordan for teaching me some basic camera skills and letting me try shots myself with tips and tricks on how to make the picture better. My first project that day was shooting models on the runway. Hardest thing ever. Sometimes they would walk out so fast, I didn't have time to shoot it, or the lighting would be bad and I would have missed the shot. I didn't think taking the shots would be that hard and I learned so much from it. Lighting also makes a huge difference in a photo. Overall, this learning experience was a bit tough, but something I got to try and maybe get better from there on.


Jessica Cheng is a very sweet, articulate, and pretty high school student whom we had the pleasure of hanging out with on Saturday September 10.  As a part of her high school project, Jessica joined the models, make up artists, hair stylists, stage manager, two professional fashion photographers, and myself as we prepared for Saturday's fashion show.  I asked Jessica to blog about her experience.  Thank you Jessica for hanging out with us!  Everyone enjoyed having you there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment